Thriving in Digital means utilizing marketing intelligence to rise above the clutter and make an impact on customers. At the heart of marketing intelligence is making real-time, fact-based decisions. Salesforce Marketing Cloud does not only arm you with a digital marketing tool build in the #1 CRM, it also allows you to find the right answers to your marketing questions by combining and integrating intelligence tools.
With the April 2019 Marketing update, Salesforce strengthens data insights via six new features and enhancements:
- Marketing Cloud Setup
- Advertising Studio Integration with Google Customer Match
- Interaction Studio Batch Decisions
- Mobile Integration with Journey Builder and Content Builder
- Einstein Engagement Frequency
- Datorama Connector for Marketing Cloud
Let’s unpack how each of these lets you create smarter and more personalised customer journey, all in one secure and simplified marketing platform.
Marketing Cloud Setup
In a nutshell: A refreshed console that allows management of Administration, Platform Tools, and Settings
The Marketing Cloud Setup has a new and simple search functionality, making it easier to navigate to the account set-up for easier and quicker to fire up Marketing Cloud. This refreshed console also makes visible the following helpful tools:
- Carousel of tiles to access tools
- Metrics for the quick status of account health
- Access to guidance and community resources
Advertising Studio Integration with Google Customer Match
In a nutshell: Integrate your data with Google to increase match rates and drive ROI
Google Customer Match can now be done not just with email but also mobile ID, phone number, address, and user ID. What this means for you:
- More attributes = increased match rates
- Increased match rates = increased return on ad spend.
Interaction Studio Batch Decisions
In a nutshell: Automation Studio now invokes real-time decisioning
With this new feature, you now have the ability to schedule more consistent next best offers, conversations, or messages. This enhancement means:
- Ability to pivot from batch and blast to real-time interaction management
- More personalised engagement and conversations based on a user’s previous engagements
Mobile Integration with Journey Builder and Content Builder
In a nutshell: Confidently send mobile campaigns that you previewed with Journey Builder
This enhancement means you only need one canvas to build and preview your cross-channel journey. You are now able to curate and render SMS, Push, and LINE messages with Journey Builder.
How to maximise this feature?
- Create LINE carousel messages in Content Builder and LINE activities in Journey Builder
- Incorporate LINE in your omni-channel journey
Einstein Engagement Frequency
In a nutshell: Maximise engagement by finding the optimal number of emails
Einstein proves to be a genius once again! You can now discover the optimal range of emails that your subscribers will engage with and then adjust your plan accordingly. You can now suppress or add emails sent, depending on the insights.
How this improves your marketing campaigns:
- Great email frequency management increasing the possibility of email opens
- Decreased email fatigue, leading to less unsubscribes
Datorama Connector for Marketing Cloud
In a nutshell: Better understand the impact of an email through this seamless data integration
We’ve been talking a lot about our Datorama capability and the new update to Marketing Cloud proves how awesome this service is. This enhanced connector between Datorama and Email Studio means your email data is matched your other data so you get a better insight on how much an email will impact a subscriber. This new feature has an app with a pre-packaged dashboard that shows automated insights.
Why maximise this feature?
- Set-up is simple so you can start using it right away
- No technical skill required to harvest and interpret data
And that’s a wrap on this month’s Salesforce Marketing Cloud update. Learn more about the new features by signing up for the new feature overview webinar, where Salesforce experts provide more insights into how your all-around marketing software just got better. In the meantime, read the full release notes here. Take these awesome features for a spin and tell us what you think about them. Need help with Marketing Cloud? Let us help you — send us a message and talk to us!