The Salesforce Sales Cloud Winter ’19 update is here! We’re excited to share with you how this latest rollout will further enhance your Salesforce experience.
So what’s included in Sales Cloud’s third upgrade of the year?
- Salesforce email integration
- CPQ: Evergreen subscription
- Pardot in Lightning Experience
- Territory Forecasting
- Custom Fields in Einstein Forecasting and Opportunity Scoring
Let’s dig deep into how these updates will help simplify your sales process so you may focus more on closing those leads.
Salesforce Email Integration
Salesforce understands that while keeping email organised and updating database is important, your business’ main concern is increasing sales. That’s why it included an Outlook integration in the Winter ‘19 release so you may focus all your energies into selling faster.
How does Salesforce integration with Outlook do that? Simple: it provides sales representatives with a single user interface to access both emails and their Salesforce data. It cuts down on time spent toggling between different platforms and installing updates from multiple sources.
To help you understand what this means for you and your team’s productivity, here are a few highlights of what you may do with this new addition to Sales Cloud:
- Link an email to a related Salesforce record, which automatically updates a contact or an opportunity; and vice-versa, which allows you to easily attach Salesforce data to an email reply
- Automatically create new records based on an email from a new client
- Create email templates that are more consistent with your business’ messaging
- Turn on Salesforce email tracking to know when a client opens your email or clicks on a link
- Integrate your Salesforce calendar to make scheduling appointments easier
CPQ: Evergreen Subscription
Whether it’s to attract new clients or ensure that current ones are satisfied, subscriptions are a great way for you to keep those sales numbers at an increasing pace. Sometimes, though, it can be very difficult to keep track of the subscriptions you mete out, especially if these subscriptions include products that include no defined terms or end dates. Well, not anymore with Sales Cloud CPQ’s new pricing model, the Evergreen Subscription.
The Evergreen Subscription creates multiple contracts that organise information long-term. This easily tracks when a client needs to renew subscriptions that include renewable terms.
Pardot in Lightning Experience
Salesforce does aim to keep your sales experience as simple as possible. And with Pardot becoming available in Lightning Experience, Salesforce has just furthered the simplicity of it all.
It is important for Marketing and Sales Teams to work closely together for the business to successfully enhance their leads and eventually close accounts. It’s extremely difficult for them to do that if they use different platforms to keep and update datasets. Pardot offers an easy solution: one login, all access for datasets that are accessible to both teams.
Pardot is not an integration of multiple platforms but a truly seamless one platform experience. With a single platform for both teams, this update also makes it easier for team members to maximise the impact of marketing insights.
Here are two benefits of this new feature that we’re sure you’d love to immediately have your Marketing and Sales Teams try out:
1. Salesforce Campaigns
- 360° view into all your marketing activities
- More efficient campaign management process
- Increased reporting functionality
- Higher level insight into your campaign health
2. B2B Analytics
- Deeper business insights based on data from important campaigns, leading to more data-driven actions
- Out-of-the-box dashboards that help you see and understand campaigns that drive most leads and close most deals
Sales Cloud’s Forecast tab has always been a great feature, allowing an easy way to navigate between user-based views. The Winter ‘19 update, however, ups the ante by letting you forecast by sales territories.
How does this help you maximise your ROI? Two ways:
- It displays areas where sales are down so you may create a targeted action plan; and
- It lets you add notes to these areas so you may easily revert once action plans have been implemented.
Custom Fields in Einstein Forecasting and Opportunity Scoring
A business has always been considered a risk. But Sales Cloud’s Einstein Forecasting and Opportunity Scoring have helped minimise that risk. The Winter ‘19 update further improves its accuracy via custom fields, helping you pull up your win rate.
This is how the Winter ‘19 update refines on Einstein AI:
- Lets you add unique business data.
- Combines this custom data with standard opportunity fields in making predictions.
- Allows you to set up data for exclusion in calculating predictions and opportunity score.
Explore the improved Salesforce Sales Cloud today and let us know which one(s) really helped boost your sales numbers. Read the full release notes of the Winter ‘19 update here.